Your privacy and our obligations to you around our collection and use of your personal information are important to Porchlight Films Pty Limited ('Porchlight Films') and our Associated Companies.
This policy explains the purposes for which Porchlight Films collects, uses and discloses personal information, the types of personal information that Porchlight Films may collect, who information may be collected from and the processes that Porchlight Films has in place to enable individuals to access or update their personal information, or to lodge a complaint.
We are committed to respecting your rights and to our compliance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information
The main purposes for which Porchlight Films may collect personal information include:
- in connection with the planning, development, production, distribution and promotion of Porchlight Films' television or film productions;
- where applicable, for inclusion in Porchlight Films' television or film productions;
- in connection with the assessment of the suitability of persons applying to participate in Porchlight Films' productions, be it in development, production or marketing;
- for direct marketing communications of Porchlight Films' productions;
- for day-to-day administration of our business.
Who we collect personal information from
We collect personal information from you:
- when you submit any project or are involved in a project being submitted to us;
- when you make contact with us and disclose your personal information;
- when you apply for a job or a role on our productions such as for actors, writers, directors, producers, technicians or to supply other services and facilities to the productions and in the course of carrying out these functions;
- when you apply to participate in one of our productions in any other way, such as in a studio audience, as an on screen participant, in crowd scenes or in any viewer interaction or competition related to the production;
- when you are otherwise associated with the development, finance, production and marketing of one of our productions;
- when you provide feedback about our productions or our other activities; and
- when you buy our productions and/or related material, such as merchandise or purchase the right to view our production or a special offer related to such production.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties (see following paragraph "How we collect personal information").
You do have the right to contact us and deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym, however in some such situations it may be impractical for us to deal with you or provide you with the assistance you request.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in person, in writing, over the phone, by email, on line though social media platforms and via our website, via video or other live recordings.
On occasions we may collect information from third parties including:
- from participants in our productions
- from contractors that supply services to our productions;
- from funding bodies, financiers broadcasters and licensees associated with the production;
- from advertisers and promotional partners.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about you that identifies you or might identify you. The information that we will collect depends upon the reason we seek it. Personal information that we may collect about you includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, work contact details, gender, your appearance and physical characteristics (including photographs) and date or birth. When you apply for a job or seek an on-camera role we may also obtain additional information such as your education, qualifications and work history and we may also need to ask you to provide us with sensitive information including medical history and whether you have a criminal record.
We will only collect personal information about you if that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
We will only collect sensitive information about you if you consent to us collecting that information. Sensitive information includes information or opinion about: racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, an individual's criminal record and health information about an individual.
If you are engaged to work on a Porchlight Films' production please refer to the more detailed list of personal information that we will collect at the end of this policy.
The holding and storage of personal information
We seek to keep your personal information safe and secure, whether it be as a hard copy or in an electronic format. Information kept at our offices is protected by a security system for our premises. We also have procedures to protect data stored electronically (via email and stored on computers or electronically) including login email and password protection; and to make all our staff aware of the need for protecting personal information and adherence to this Policy and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Who do we disclose personal information to?
Porchlight Films will not disclose your personal information to third parties except (i) as set out in this Policy; or (ii) for the particular purpose for which the personal information was collected; or (iii) with your consent.
We may disclose personal information to third party service providers engaged by Porchlight Films, for example, a casting agent or an accounting or pay-roll company or other third party contractor (including its employees) engaged on a Porchlight Films production. Our business 'partners' - including television networks, our investors and financiers, our insurers including completion bond companies, our sales agents and distributors, our travel agents and other goods and service suppliers - may also be provided with your personal information where reasonably necessary for us to carry out one or more of our functions or activities. We may provide your contact details to a third party business we engage to manage live audience participation or other production or marketing services.
Where you work on a Porchlight Films production, your name and position may also be included on the credits of the production and in associated marketing materials. Some government funding departments and agencies require aggregated details relating to a production, including for example job applicants (including details of state of residence) and some financial arrangements (for example, the tax rebate known as the Producer Offset) may require specific personal information about you and your engagement with Porchlight Films, including your name, nationality, residence and contract details, including payments and other benefits.
Personal information of independent contractors or their employees engaged on Porchlight Films' productions may be provided to the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA), including for the purpose of calculating and paying residuals to on- camera talent.
We may also disclose collected personal information in confidence to a third party who expresses interest in purchasing our business or in the event we propose to sell our business or for the purposes of merger or re-organization.
Personal information provided to us may be shared with Associated Companies and used and disclosed for the above purposes by such companies.
Porchlight Films productions are intended to be marketed throughout the world and in the course of financing, licensing and distributing our productions we may need to provide personal information about you (including your contact details and contractual entitlements) to our co-production partners, broadcasters, distributors and sales agents and disbursement managers.
Your right to access to personal information and to request corrections
Should you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you, please make a written request to the Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy).
It is your right to request access to your personal information held by us. Situations where we may need to refuse to give you access include where legal proceedings have been commenced or are anticipated. You also have the right to request corrections to personal information about you if it is inaccurate, including if it is out of date. Our Privacy Officer will endeavor to resolve any disputes regarding whether your personal information that we hold is correct.
We will seek to respond to your written request within 30 days of its receipt. Porchlight Films may charge a fee, as appropriate, in certain circumstances in order to facilitate access to your personal information. No fee is charged to correct personal information.
Changes to this Policy
If you have a complaint
We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about the use of your personal information. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact the Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy). All complaints will be considered by the Privacy Officer and he or she will endeavor to resolve the matter. If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved the complaint may be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (telephone: 1300 363 992; website: www.oaic.gov.au).
Privacy Officer's contact details
Tel: 02 9326 9916
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Porchlight Films
Suite 31, 94 Oxford Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010,
Personal information that may be collected from cast and on-camera personnel and crew members engaged to work on a Porchlight Films production:
- contact information (email, telephone etc)
- date of birth
- next of kin (marital status?)
- resume/employment history
- bank details
- superannuation information
- driver's licence details and driving record
- dietary issues
- country of residence
- medical information (sensitive information)
- personality assessment
- union membership or professional trade associations or guilds (sensitive information)
- passport information (if required to travel overseas or from overseas to Australia)
- information required to obtain a visa to enter an overseas country or to work in Australia, which may include sensitive information such as whether you have a criminal record
- physical characteristics and body measurements (e.g., for wardrobe requirements)
- racial and ethnic background (sensitive information)
Porchlight Films Associated Companies:
This policy applies to Porchlight Films Pty Limited (ABN 26 003 458 571) and all Associated Companies. “Associated Companies” includes all related bodies corporate and includes the following companies:
- Jetty Distribution Pty Limited (ABN 14 091 757 023)
- Euonia Films Pty Limited (ABN 17 169 836 257)
- Bucktin Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 59 156 253 075)
- Bucktin Productions Pty Limited (ABN 69 605 509 911)
- T.K.I. Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 40 168 530 176)
- Rover Film Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 84 159 367 281)
- Lore Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 75 151 242 465)
- Prime Mover One Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 38 130 449 615)
- Animal Kingdom Holdings Pty Limited (ABN 31 134 438 029)
- Home Song Productions Pty Limited (ABN 91 115 117 336)
- Little Fish Productions Pty Limited (ABN 38 110 547 094)